Tuesday, September 17, 2013

College Cooks



College_Cooks_Cover

Title: College Cooks Cookbook
Author: T.C. Stephan
Publisher: Cool Eatz Publishing
Genre: Cookbook
Rating: 4 Hippos

Impressions:
The College Cooks cookbook is a great cookbook for anyone who is in college or even those who have long since graduated but still want simple and fast meals. They have everything from burgers to tilapia, and even include some healthy food options, something that is missing from a vast number of “college cookbooks”. I was also impressed that they included recipes for homemade dressings and sauces. It’s so much easier to just go to the store and pick up a ready made dressing or sauce, but homemade tastes so much better. The menus they included was an awesome idea- of course the first one was date night, I mean why else does anyone go to college?! I really enjoyed “Taylor’s tips” that were spread throughout the book- they were helpful and cute. The only thing I thought was missing in this cookbook was “cook once, eat twice” recipes or better freezer instructions for meals, or even an entire section on freezer appropriate meals (I know this was kind of covered at the beginning of the book, but a more specific directions would be good- who wants to flip to the front of the book to find out how long they can freeze their date night lasagna for?)- I mean no one has time while in college- we’re out partying, dating, drinking… oh and occasionally studying!

My overall impression of the book- it was a nice simple cookbook, something I will definitely look forward to using. I give this cookbook 4 Hippos!(Guest post by Book Loving Hippo)

No comments:

Post a Comment